- The 12th Annual Roberts Ranch Smokin’ Red Dirt BBQ Cookoff TURN-IN inside Convention Hall, located across the street east of cooksites.
- Cooks will be located on Cherokee Street, Independence Street and the paved parking lot directly west of Convention Hall in downtown Enid OK.
- Convention Hall will be home to the cooks meeting, judges meeting and judging. Cooks breakfast, public BBQ dinner on Saturday and awards ceremony.
- Electricity and Ice will be available at no extra charge! (electricity hookups are limited, send in registration early if you require electricity. Bring your own extension cords, minimum of 100ft)
- Extra Space available for $50 each.
SHOWERS & BATHROOMS:
- Shower facilities will be available at the YMCA, 2 blocks west of the cook-site. Shuttle service to and from the YMCA will be available Saturday morning 6am-8pm.
- The Denny Price Family YMCA is a state-of-the-art fitness facility and is graciously giving complimentary passes to our contestants. You’ll be guaranteed HOT WATER and TOWELS!
- Indoor restrooms will be available inside Convention Hall 8am-10pm Friday & Saturday 7am – 5pm, extra outdoor portable facilities will be available onsite.
- Set-up begins Friday April 21st, 2017 at 8am 301 S. Independence, Enid OK. Upon arrival your team will be shown to your assigned cooking site, given your team goodie bag, and the required meat inspection will be conducted.Each team will be assigned a 20×30 cooking site.
- Additional space: $50.00 CLICK FOR COOK SITE MAP
- Red Dirt BBQ.Map.2016
CONTEST CONTAINERS HANDED OUT ON-SITE:
- KCBS Reps will arrive Friday, April 21st at approximately 1pm to hand out the official contest containers at your team’s cook-site and confirm entries. Incase of inclement weather, KCBS Reps will hand out containers during cooks meeting.
EARLY COOKS MEETING.
- Cooks meeting will take place Friday, April 21st, 2017 at 4:00pm inside Q-Spot. We encourage all contestants to attend for the latest contest information and to answer questions.
Cooks Hospitality 4pm – 5pm during the meeting!
People’s Choice 6pm – 7pm (NO ENTRY FEE)
- Sponsored by MARIA RAE’S and StarTek
- Pre-registered teams participating in the People’s Choice event will receive an equal number of FREE pork ribs to cook and serve the public at your cook site.
- Team are allowed to prepare and serve up to three SIDES at your own expense.
- Teams will not be responsible for plates, utensils or paper products.
- Ten places will be awarded during the Award Ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
- Those people wishing to attend the event will purchase a $8 plate/container that they will carry with them to each participating team.
- Each person will receive one ticket to place their vote. Those tickets/votes will be turned in at a neutral location managed by Smokin’ Red Dirt BBQ staff.
Quiet Time – 11pm – 7am
- Breakfast for Contestants – Saturday April 22nd – 7am
- Convention Hall
- Please be sure to indicate on your registration form how many will be attending the FREE contestant breakfast.
NORMAL TURN IN TIMES
- 12:00pm – Chicken
- 12:30pm – Ribs
- 1:00pm – Pork
- 1:30pm – Beef Brisket
- 2:00pm – “AnythingGoes Dessert
- will be held inside Convention Hall following the dessert category judging. Awards will be announced approximately 3:30pm.